April 26 - July 20€395 – €1695
This course is suitable for those wishing to pursue a career in Aesthetics. This bespoke training course will bring you from Level 2 to Level 4 qualifications. on completion you will be able to progress to Advanced Aesthetic treatments.
Provide Facial Massage and Skincare
In this unit you will learn about maintaining and improving facial skin condition using exfoliation, skin warming, comedone extraction, facial massage, mask treatments and facial moisturising products. This unit is predominantly hands on working on different skin types and learning how to recommend products and future treatments. All treatments are carried out using Image Skincare products.
Follow health and safety practice in the salon
The aim of this unit is to increase your understanding of health and safety and its importance in the salon in which you work. You will develop the ability to carry out a simple risk analysis, recognise a hazard, responsibly deal with the hazards you have found and follow safe and hygienic working practices. You will also need to be able to locate fire fighting equipment, first aid resources and have an awareness of fire, emergency and evacuation procedures.
Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
This unit is about client care and communication in beauty‑related industries. You will develop your communication skills to deal with consultations, complaints, client comfort and all forms of client care. You will develop a client‑centered approach to all your treatments.
- Consultation techniques and Advanced Skin Analysis
- Understanding how chemical peels works is and how its used in facial aesthetics treatments
- Understanding the anatomy of the skin
- Treatment plans
- Treatment procedures and protocols
- Practical treatments
- Be able to have knowledge of the skin, nails and hair
- Be able to have knowledge of the skeletal system
- Be able to have knowledge of the muscular system
- Be able to have knowledge of the nervous system
- Be able to have knowledge of the endocrine system
- Be able to have knowledge of the respiratory system
- Be able to have knowledge of the cardiovascular system
- Be able to have knowledge of the lymphatic system
- Be able to have knowledge of the digestive system
For practical elements you will be observed by your assessor. All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross referenced to requirements listed in your Assessment Book. An Internal Verifier will check your assessments to ensure evidence is valid. A VTCT External Verifier will sample observations and portfolios. Practical observations will be assessed as per unit listed above. Evidence of knowledge will be assessed through assignments.
|Assignments||Theory Exam||Practical Observations|
|Facial Massage & Skincare||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Anatomy & physiology||Yes||Yes|
Course Duration: 16 Days
Balance can be paid in installments