- This event has passed.
Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
March 14 - July 4€695.00
The role of the Internal Verifier is to monitor the work of all assessors involved with a particular qualification, ensuring accuracy and consistency of activities and decisions. You will already be an experienced assessor and hold a Vocational Assessor qualification.
The internal verifier:
- Ensures that assessors follow the qualification assessment guidance provided
- Sample and observe activities, methods and records to ensure that assessment decisions are consistent and then provide assessors with constructive feedback on their decisions.
- Keeps up to date records of internal verification and sampling activities and ensure that these by the awarding body are available for the awarding body to see.
- Raises issues of good practice in assessment and organise regular meetings between all staff involved in the process.
- Ensures that any corrective actions required by the awarding body’s external verifier are put into place.
You will need an Assessor qualification and need to be working within a training centre before you can achieve your IQA Certificate. You must have minimum of 12 months experience of assessing. You can only IQA a subject area you are qualified in.
Depending on your role, you will need to collect a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates your competency in supporting other assessors and ensuring quality and consistency across a qualification. Your role will involve: evaluating the internal assessment audit systems; carrying out related internal verification or moderation activities, maintaining and improving standards in your centre.
- develop your knowledge and understanding that underpins the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- develop your performance as a learning and development practitioner with responsibility for the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- develop your skills to plan, allocate and monitor work in your own area of responsibility, and make any necessary changes to original work plans.
Duration: Completed in a 3 – 6 month period
Theory will be delivered online. Practical training will take place in your own training centre or remotely.
Theory training dates (choose one date and specify on your booking form): Tuesday 18th July, Monday 21st August
VTCT Level 4 (IRL Level 6) Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
Fees must be paid in full on enrollment.