Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
April 30 - July 30€550
The role of the Internal Verifier is to monitor the work of all assessors involved with a particular qualification, ensuring accuracy and consistency of activities and decisions. You will already be an experienced assessor and hold a Vocational Assessor qualification.
The internal verifier:
- Ensures that assessors follow the qualification assessment guidance provided
- Sample and observe activities, methods and records to ensure that assessment decisions are consistent and then provide assessors with constructive feedback on their decisions.
- Keeps up to date records of internal verification and sampling activities and ensure that these by the awarding body are available for the awarding body to see.
- Raises issues of good practice in assessment and organise regular meetings between all staff involved in the process.
- Ensures that any corrective actions required by the awarding body’s external verifier are put into place.
You will need an Assessor qualification and need to be working within a training centre before you can achieve your IQA Certificate. You must have minimum of 12 months experience of assessing. You can only IQA a subject area you are qualified in.
Depending on your role, you will need to collect a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates your competency in supporting other assessors and ensuring quality and consistency across a qualification. Your role will involve: evaluating the internal assessment audit systems; carrying out related internal verification or moderation activities, maintaining and improving standards in your centre.
- develop your knowledge and understanding that underpins the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- develop your performance as a learning and development practitioner with responsibility for the internal quality assurance of assessment.
- develop your skills to plan, allocate and monitor work in your own area of responsibility, and make any necessary changes to original work plans.
Duration: Completed in a 3 – 6 month period
Theory will be delivered through online tutorial. Practical training will take place in your own training centre or via Skype.
Course Fees: €550
Fees must be paid in full on enrolment. Access to online tutorials will be sent on payment.