November 27, 2022 - March 20, 2023€500
This qualification is suitable for those with no previous qualifications in the Beauty or Aesthetics industry and is This qualification is a suitable pre requisite to progress to Level 4 Aesthetic or Advanced Beauty qualifications. Insurance companies require up to Level 3 Beauty qualification to progress to more Advanced treatments.
VTCT Level 2 Award in Skincare
VTCT Level 3 Award in Anatomy & Physiology
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion
No previous experience required
VTCT Award in Skincare
Facial skincare – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing aftercare advice
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the beauty treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the learner will be working over in particular recognition of skin types, skin diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a facial skincare specialist
VTCT Certificate in Microdermabrasion
This qualification covers two units:
Microdermabrasion treatments – to include consultation, skin analysis, recognising contraindications and contra-actions, carrying out relevant tests prior to treatment and adapting the treatment to the client’s needs
Physiology of Ageing – This unit is about the nature of ageing, causes and effects of ageing on the body systems, and the beauty treatments and products that may delay the ageing process.
VTCT Award in Anatomy & Physiology
The VTCT Level 3 Award in Anatomical and Physiological Knowledge of Body Systems is a qualification that has been specifically designed to give you knowledge and understanding of the main systems of the body. This course is delivered online which allows you to study in the comfort of your own home and at your own pace. This knowledge and understanding is embedded in many Beauty and Aesthetic therapy qualifications. This qualification is a suitable pre requisite to progress to Level 4 Aesthetic or Advanced Beauty qualifications.
|Award in Skincare||3 Tutorials – 15 Hours||4 Days|
5th & 12 December
Final Assessment 15th January
|Certificate in Microdermabrasion||1 Tutorial – 6 Hours|
5th & 6th February
|Award in Anatomy & Physiology||9 Tutorials – 50 Hours|
This is an approved qualification for working as an Aesthetic therapist. It also provides a sound platform for further learning or training. This qualification provides progression opportunities to the following qualifications:
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser & IPL
- Level 4 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 4 Certificate in Skin Peeling
- Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling
Deposit of €500 is required on booking and the balance can be paid in instalments.
This qualification is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is eligible for TSG funding if you are in receipt of a Social Welfare payment. Please contact your local office for details.