VTCT/ITEC Certificate in Electrolysis
May 18 - July 13€750
This qualification is about the skills involved in assessing, preparing for and carrying out electrical needle epilation treatments to remove hair using alternating current and blend techniques.
You will also need to show you can competently advise clients on the care needed after electrical epilation. The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills as a beauty therapist or electrologist to enable you to provide electrical epilation treatments.
VTCT & ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Epilation
Level 2 Beauty Therapy or equivalent (required by insurance companies from next year)
- Health and safety
- Client care and communications
- Provide electrical epilation – Evidence Requirements – Competent performance must be demonstrated on six occasions treating facial hair, bikini and underarm hair using Blend, Galvanic and Short Wave Diathermy modalities.
All Anatomy & Physiology is covered by pre requisite for the course however the Hair and Skin will be covered in further detail with assignments to confirm knowledge.
For practical elements you will be observed by your assessor. All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross referenced to requirements listed in your Assessment Book. An Internal Verifier will check your assessments to ensure evidence is valid. A VTCT External Verifier will sample observations and portfolios. Practical observations will be assessed as per unit listed above. Evidence of knowledge will be assessed through assignments.
- A copy of qualifications must be sent on application.
- Students must wear a white tunic and black trousers to every class
- 2 x White bath towels, 2 x Black handtowels
Course Duration: 6 Days 10am – 3pm
May – 18th
June – 15th, 22nd, 29th
July – 6th, 13th
Candidates will attend training for 6 days over 2 months. It is recommended that students practice Epilation outside of these hours. Information on purchasing equipment can be provided by contacting the office. An additional day is required for final assessments. All portfolio work must be completed for this unit.
This is an approved qualification for working as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in reducing hair growth. It also provides a sound platform for further learning or training. This qualification provides progression opportunities to the following VTCT qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 4 Award in Skin Blemish Removal
Deposit €250, €500 on commencement