VTCT/ITEC Certificate in Laser and IPL
October 19 - November 24€300 – €1200
This is a vocationally related qualification and is focused on reducing hair growth and photo rejuvenation of the skin using Laser and IPL treatments. We use both Laser and IPL machines in our training to ensure you are confident to work with all systems. Learners will have treated all body and face areas for hair removal and skin treatments in a clinical environment.
Insurance companies require a Level 3 Beauty qualification and the Level 4 Certificate in Laser & IPL to be eligible for insurance cover. New regulations have listed this qualification as a requirement for working with Laser and IPL in a clinical environment. Company training no longer meets the regulatory bodies standards.
VTCT & ITEC Level 4 (Ire level 6) Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed light treatments
Level 3 Beauty Therapy or equivalent (required by insurance companies)
Laser and light treatments for hair removal
- Evidence requirements –You will need to carry out fully competent assessments on the following ranges: underarms, chin, upper lip, bikini line, back, legs, chest, and abdomen using Laser and IPL machines.
Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
- Evidence requirements – You will need to carry out fully competent assessments on the following treatments: reduction of fine lines, pigmentation, telangiectasia, campbell de morgan spots, photo aged skin.
Management of health and safety
- Evidence Requirements – Competent performance must be demonstrated during all assessments. You will be required to carry out a risk assessment.
Client care and communications
- Evidence Requirements – This unit will be used as RPL form previous qualifications.
All Anatomy & Physiology is covered by prerequisite for the course however the Hair and Skin will be covered in further detail with assignments to confirm knowledge.
For practical elements you will be observed by your assessor. All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross referenced to requirements listed in your Assessment Book. An Internal Verifier will check your assessments to ensure evidence is valid. A VTCT External Verifier will sample observations and portfolios. Practical observations will be assessed as per unit listed above. Evidence of knowledge will be assessed through assignments.
All learners will be fully competent in working on all areas of the body for hair removal and treating clients for photo rejuvenations, red veins, pigmentation and acne.
- A copy of pre requisite qualifications must be sent on application.
- Students must wear a white tunic and black trousers to every class
- No nail enhancements
Course Duration: 7 Days
10am – 4pm
Saturday & Sunday
October – 19th, 20th
November – 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th, 24th
This is an approved qualification for working as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in reducing hair growth and photo rejuvenation of the skin. It also provides a sound platform for further learning or training. This qualification provides progression opportunities to the following VTCT qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 4 Award in Skin Blemish Removal
The Academy has secured insurance for all successful candidates with a reputable UK based insurance company. It is now mandatory that that therapists wishing to perform Laser & IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) must hold the Level 4 qualification. Insurance companies require a Level 3 Beauty qualification and the Level 4 Certificate in Laser & IPL to be eligible for insurance cover.