- This event has passed.
Advanced Skin Assessment
February 13 - February 14$125
This Advanced Skincare course will enable therapists to enhance their understanding of skin, developing their comprehension of the facial analysis procedure and advance their understanding of the skin at a cellular level. A more thorough understanding will enable learners to formulate a detailed treatment plan to address the client’s specific and individual needs.
This course is suitable for qualified skin therapists wishing to up skill their knowledge of the skin. Therapists will work through practical skin assessment using advanced consultation techniques and skin scanning equipment to a cellular level to identify at the surface lever- sebum, pore size, congestion and wrinkles. At a deep layer – hydration levels, UV damage, pigmentation, sensitivity, pilosebaceous secretions, porphyrin levels and collagen fibre structure.
Level 2 Beauty or Level 3 Aesthetic qualifications
A keen interest in skin treatments
Module 1: Skin Structure & Function at Cellular Level
- Keratinocyte Cells
- Desquamation of Corneocytes
- Acid Mantle
- Natural Moisturising Factor
- Lifecycle of Sebocyte
- Structure of the Dermis: Dermal Epidermal Junction, Papillary & Reticular Layer, Subcutaneous Layer, Dermal Reserve
- Cells of the Dermis
- Wound Healing
- Theories of Ageing
- Biological Cellular Damage
- Effects of UV Light
- Matrix Metalloproteins
Module 2: Prepare for Skin Assessment
- Active Ingredients
- Skin Types
- Skin conditions: Dehydration, TEWL, Acne, Excess KErationisation, Loss of skin density, glycation, hyoeroigmentation, vascular conditions, elastosis
- Skin Blemishes – identify and treat
- Medical history
- Contra indications
Module 3: Perform a Skin Assessment
- Diagnostic equipment
- Identification of skin blemishes
- Fitzpatrick scale, Glogau scale, Rubin Scale
- Post treatment products
- Treatment planning
Therapists will perform a number of case studies over the duration of the course – including consultation, skin assessment, use of diagnostic equipment and treatment planning.
The course will be delivered over 2 days.
13th & 14th February 2023
Booking deposit required, balance payable 7 days before start date.