ITEC Level 4 Award in Microneedling
March 27 - June 4$350.00
The aim of this qualification to develop learners’ knowledge, understanding and practical skills when using cosmetic skin needling techniques. It covers the skills involved in providing a thorough consultation to establish client suitability for treatment and also the knowledge on how to formulate a specific treatment plan tailored to suit individual client needs. Learners will also develop the knowledge required to provide pre and post treatment advice and post care to ensure the client receives the full benefit of the treatment.
The Skin Needling unit consist of a Theory exam and Practical exam. The theoretical aspects will be examined by an ITEC Exam paper and the practical aspects with an exam carried out by an ITEC Examiner. This unit will follow the protocols for both Microneedling and Derma Pen techniques with the use of Professional ampoules, cocktails and serums.
The qualification also consists of 6 Case Studies carried out in the Academy under Clinical Assessment. All case studies are completed at the Academy under the supervision of experienced Aesthetic lecturers. All clients will receive an in depth consultation, advanced skin analysis and a bespoke treatment protocol to address their skin concerns.
VTCT & ITEC Level 4 Award in Microneedling
Level 3 or higher Beauty Therapy qualification
Advanced Skincare for non medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand the physiology of skin ageing
- Understand advanced skin assessment
- Prepare for advanced skin assessment
- Provide advanced skin assessment
Provide Cosmetic Skin Needling
- Know safety considerations when providing cosmetic skin needling treatments
- Understand how to provide cosmetic skin needling treatments
- Know the relevant anatomy, physiology and pathologies for cosmetic skin needling
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for cosmetic skin needling treatment
- Be able to provide cosmetic skin needling treatments
You will be assessed through both internal assessment and external examination.
- MCQ Theory Paper
- Practical Examination
- 6 x Clinical Case Studies
Balance can be paid in instalments
This qualification is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is eligible for TESG funding. Please contact your local Social Welfare for details.
16th & 30th April