ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Microneedling
November 21, 2020 - February 20, 2021€450
The aim of this qualification to develop learners’ knowledge, understanding and practical skills when using cosmetic skin needling techniques. It covers the skills involved in providing a thorough consultation to establish client suitability for treatment and also the knowledge on how to formulate a specific treatment plan tailored to suit individual client needs. Learners will also develop the knowledge required to provide pre and post treatment advice and post care to ensure the client receives the full benefit of the treatment.
The course is delivered in three modules. Firstly learners will attend the Academy to complete the Advanced Skincare, Advanced Skin Analysis and Principles and Practices for non medical therapies. Learners will be briefed on a range of assignments to complete for these units and submit before the Skin Needling classes.
The Skin Needling unit consist of a Theory exam and Practical exam. The theoretical aspects will be examined by an ITEC Exam paper and the practical aspects with an exam carried out by an ITEC Examiner. This unit will follow the protocols for both Microneedling and Derma Pen techniques with the use of Professional ampoules, cocktails and serums.
The third module consists of 6 Case Studies carried out in the Academy under Clinical Assessment. All case studies are completed at the Academy under the supervision of experienced Aesthetic lecturers. All clients will receive an in depth consultation, advanced skin analysis and a bespoke treatment protocol to address their skin concerns.
VTCT & ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Microneedling
Level 2 or higher Beauty Therapy qualification
Advanced Skincare for non medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand the physiology of skin ageing
- Understand advanced skin assessment
- Prepare for advanced skin assessment
- Provide advanced skin assessment
Principles & Practices for non medical therapies
- Understand the developments of non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Know the benefits and limitations of commonly available non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand the importance of professional conduct in non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Know the key regulations, legislative influences and responsibilities relating to non-medical aesthetic therapies
- Understand advanced contra-actions, hygiene issues and medical emergencies of specific concern to non-medical aesthetic therapies
Advanced Consultation for non medical aesthetic therapists
- Understand how effective communication and professional behaviours contribute to client trust
- Understand methods and processes for gaining information through consultation
- Know the importance of completing a thorough consultation
- Understand the legal requirements for completing consultation
- Know the information required when completing a consultation
- Know the requirements for recording procedures
Provide Cosmetic Skin Needling
- Know safety considerations when providing cosmetic skin needling treatments
- Understand how to provide cosmetic skin needling treatments
- Know the relevant anatomy, physiology and pathologies for cosmetic skin needling
- Be able to consult, plan and prepare for cosmetic skin needling treatment
- Be able to provide cosmetic skin needling treatments
You will be assessed through both internal assessment and external examination.
- MCQ Theory Paper
- Practical Observations
- 6 x Clinical Case Studies
Balance can be paid in instalments
Learners can Combine ITEC Certificate in Skin Peeling with the ITEC Certificate in Skin Needling for a reduced price. Please contact the Academy for further details.
This qualification is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is eligible for TESG funding. Please contact your local Social Welfare for details.
The course will be delivered over 9 days
- Advanced Skincare and Advanced Consultation Units: November 21st & 29th
A number of assignments must be completed and submitted before the next course dates in 2021
- Skin Needling Unit: January 24th, 25th & February 7th, 8th
- Clinical Assessment: February 7th, 14th
- Examination – Date to be confirmed Feb 2021