- This event has passed.
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
September 29, 2020 - November 25, 2020€495.00
The VTCT Certificate in Assessing is a practical-based qualification intended for assessors who assess people working towards qualifications. An assessor is a person with the required knowledge and skills that determines whether a candidate is capable of doing the job at hand in their own particular field of expertise by collecting evidence.
Your job would be to help make sure that learners meet all occupational standards needed to achieve their qualification. Your day – to – day tasks will depend on the type of assessments you carry out but could include:
- Planning and delivering vocational training
- Observing and assessing candidates in a training centre or workplace
- Supporting learners with portfolios of evidence
- Providing feedback and support if the standards are not met
- Keeping records of progress
- Liaising with quality assurance staff
- Managing information relating to assessment
To become an Assessor you will need the following qualifications:
- Teaching qualification
- Level 3 or higher qualification in the area of work you wish to assess
- Commercial experience in your area of expertise
Skills and Qualities:
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in helping people develop
- The ability to motivate and encourage people
- Patience and tact
- Good organisational skills
- A methodical approach to work
- Good record keeping and report writing skills
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Types of assessment methods
- How to plan assessment
- Involve learners and others in assessment
- How to make assessment decisions
- Importance of quality assurance
- Importance of feedback
- Good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Importance of occupational competence
- Importance of Continual Professional Development
Once you are qualified as an assessor you can become an Internal Verifier. You will need the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Experience of assessing in the occupational area you will be verifying
Duration: Completed in a 3 – 6 month period
Theory will be delivered through online tutorial. Practical training will take place in your own training centre or via Skype.
Course Fees: €495
Reduced cost €395 for those who have taken the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training at Advanced Aesthetics Academy.
Fees must be paid in full on enrollment. Access to online tutorials will be sent on payment.
Training is delivered through blended learning of Zoom, online presentations & assignments and practical based assessments. Please contact the academy for further details.