- This event has passed.
VTCT/ITEC Award in Skincare
September 10 - October 23$295.00 – $895.00
The Level 2 Award in Skin Care (QCF) is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to provide facial skin care. Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment and how to promote client care and communications in beauty related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification. The purpose of this qualification is to develop your skills in Aesthetic treatments to a high level of occupational ability, to enable you to perform your own salon treatments.
There are no formal pre requisite qualifications that you must have prior to undertaking this qualification.
- Suitable for those with no previous qualifications who wish to work in the aesthetic industry.
- Suitable for Make Up artists with no formal Skin qualification
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 17 years – no exceptions. There is no upper age limit.
- An excellent level of English is required.
Facial skincare – to include consultation, skin analysis, cleansing, massage, application and removal of masks, adaptation of treatment to suit the client’s needs and providing aftercare advice
The learner will also develop knowledge about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential to work and be successful in the beauty industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the beauty treatments listed above as well as understanding the structures that the learner will be working over in particular recognition of skin types, skin diseases and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a facial skincare specialist
You will be assessed through both internal assessment and external examination.
- MCQ Theory Paper
- Practical Observations
- Case Studies x 5
You will be required to dress professionally in a therapist uniform for all classes. A white tunic and black trousers is preferable. Hair must be tied back and all nail enhancements and gel polish must be removed for classes.
Online – Theory delivered through 3 online tutorials at your own pace. Please allow 5 hours for each tutorials. Knowledge will be assessed at the end of each tutorial though multiple choice questions. All tutorials must be completed before the first onsite class. Learners must enrol and start tutorials before 1st September.
September 10th, 11th, 24th, 25th
October 16th, 23rd
This is an approved qualification for working as a beauty or aesthetic therapist. It also provides a sound platform for further learning or training. This qualification provides progression opportunities to the following VTCT qualifications:
- Level 3 Certificate in Facial Electrical
- Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser & IPL
- Level 4 Diploma in Permanent Hair Removal and Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 4 Award in Peels
- Level 4 Award in Microneedling
This qualification is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is eligible for TESG funding. Please contact your local Social Welfare for details.