VTCT Certificate in Microdermabrasion
October 2 - October 24€200 – €650
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion Treatments is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide microdermabrasion treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty therapy industry. It provides a sound platform into further training at level 3 and 4.
VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion
Level 2 Beauty qualification
The main skills the learner will perform are:
Microdermabrasion treatments – to include consultation, skin analysis, recognising contraindications and contra-actions, carrying out relevant tests prior to treatment and adapting the treatment to the client’s needs
Physiology of Ageing – This unit is about the nature of ageing, causes and effects of ageing on the body systems, and the beauty treatments and products that may delay the ageing process.
The learner will also learn about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the microdermabrasion skills listed above effectively in particular the functions of the microdermabrasion equipment and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a beauty specialising in microdermabrasion treatments
All treatment evidence, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination. The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence and internal assessment.
- A copy of qualifications must be sent on application.
- Students must wear a white tunic and black trousers to every class
Course Duration: 4 Days
Online: 2nd October
Onsite: 16th, 17th, 24th October
€650: A deposit of €200 is required to secure your place and the balance €400 can be paid in instalments.
This qualification is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is eligible for TESG funding. Please contact your local Social Welfare for details.