ITEC Certificate in Microdermabrasion
February 14 - May 2€250 – €550
The main aim of the VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion Treatments is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide microdermabrasion treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the beauty therapy industry. It provides a sound platform into further training at level 3 and 4.
ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion Treatments
Level 2 Beauty qualification
The main skills the learner will perform are:
Microdermabrasion treatments – to include consultation, skin analysis, recognising contraindications and contra-actions, carrying out relevant tests prior to treatment and adapting the treatment to the client’s needs
The learner will also learn about related health and safety and client care and communication which is essential in order to work and be successful in the industry.
This qualification also provides:
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the microdermabrasion skills listed above effectively in particular the functions of the microdermabrasion equipment and common diseases and disorders that may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider skills in a beauty therapy setting, such as communicating with clients, working with others and problem solving
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a beauty specialising in microdermabrasion treatments
All treatment evidence, internal assessments, and underpinning knowledge must be completed prior to the final practical examination. The final external practical examination will be carried out by the external examiner at the end of the period of learning. The external examiner will also verify a sample of the treatment evidence and internal assessment.
Portfolio of evidence – 3 clients x 3 times each
Pass or Refer
- A copy of qualifications must be sent on application.
- Students must wear a white tunic and black trousers to every class
Course Duration: 5 Days
February – 14th
March – 28th
April – 25th
May – 2nd
Candidates will attend training for 4 days with 1 day . An additional day in November is required for ITEC Theory & Practical exams. All portfolio work must be completed for this date.
€550: A deposit of €250 is required to secure your place and the balance €450 can be paid in instalments.
This qualification is listed by QQI on the National Framework, and is eligible for TESG funding. Please contact your local Social Welfare for details.